The Hive is a mixed-use community in uptown Oakland combining existing buildings, historical renovations, and newly constructed buildings. It is a combination of commercial spaces and residential units.
- Project Name: The HIVE – 24th Street Flats
- Location: Oakland, CA
- Client: stok
- Green Building Program: LEED for Homes
- Certification Level: Silver
- Buildings/Units/Stories: 3 stories, 33 new residential apartments over a parking structure
- Project Description: Energy building measures at the property include field verified Quality Insulation Installation (QII), high performance windows and patio doors, a solar water heating system and CRRC cool roofing products. Green building measures include 100% ENERGY STAR appliances in the residential units, 60% drought tolerant landscape, high levels of access to several local amenities and local transportation within ½ mile of the community, promoting community connectivity.
- Fun Facts: This three story residential building achieved LEED Silver Certification in the Summer of 2016 which contributed to the overall project achieving the LEED for Neighborhood Development certification.